Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Again and Again it Comes by Kumari Devika K. Lyju

Again and Again it Comes

Kumari Devika K. Lyju

When it was the summer,
I searched for tree for shade.
But I found the stooping kins
Searching for the trickle of water.
The earth was wrinkled,
Like the grandmother.
When the first sweet drop
Fell on my face
I was happy that
‘twas going to blossom.
When the sweet drops
Kissed the ground,
The buds buried under
The rotten memories came above.
The wee tits sings from the yew
Whose searing leaves now full of dew.
 The scuttle changeth the spring, made me whine.
Which maketh the leaves, weary red.
The brook turned red, the trees turned bare
With the falling of leaves.

At last my friends, the snowmen came
When the snowflakes started falling.
And then oozed down
When the sun sheen in the sky
Which made me cry for a long.
The only thing I could do is,
To let out a sigh 
And wait until it come again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment